Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth – Enterprise Zone Development & Investment Strategy
East Suffolk & Great Yarmouth Borough Councils commissioned Building Partnerships Ltd., working with Nautilus Associates and Brown&Co. to deliver a Development and Investment Strategy for the six sites making up the Great Yarmouth & Lowestoft (New Anglia) Enterprise Zone. These include:
- South Lowestoft Industrial Site, Lowestoft (Area: 20.3Ha, Sector Focus: Energy/Grow-on)
- Riverside Road, Lowestoft (Area: 4.5Ha + 1Ha extension, Sector Focus: Civic/Energy)
- Mobbs Way, Lowestoft (Area: 4.7Ha + 0.2Ha extension, Sector Focus: Start-Ups
- Ellough Business Park, Beccles, Suffolk (Area: 17Ha, Sector Focus: General Industry)
- South Denes, Great Yarmouth (Area: 58.8Ha, Sector Focus: Offshore/Energy)
- Beacon Park, Gorleston (Area: 16.7Ha + 10.0Ha extension, Sector Focus: Energy/High-Tech R&D)
The main objectives of the study were to assess performance of the Enterprise Zone to date and create a range of Site Development Plans for each EZ site. These identified a number of high-level development options, based on a detailed review of infrastructure, utilities, flood risk, local planning priorities, and business demand for different types of office and industrial workspace.
We explored investment options and funding sources, modelling a range of scenarios to bring forward development on each site. The report, delivered in May 2019, is now being used to inform both East Suffolk and Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s future investment plans in these sites.
Building Partnerships and Nautilus have worked together to explore development and infrastructure opportunities on more than 17x EZ sites across the country, ranging from mitigating site development constraints, financing options, understanding utility needs, and delivering a range of feasibility and demand studies for next generation industrial, innovation and enterprise workspace.